Friday, September 9, 2011

Welcome to my J.M. Coetzee Blog



My name is Kelley Heinrichs and I am currently in the Interdisciplinary MA program at CSUN, focusing on literature and Pan African Studies, with a bit of history thrown in.
I received my BA in English at CSUCI where I was also introduced to J.M. Coetzee’s work.  Because of my parent’s occupation, I was carted around many places outside of the United States as a child.  Some of these places were on the African continent.  It is perhaps from this experience that my interest in Black Diaspora stems.  However, my true passion is right here at home, in African American Literature and history. I am greatly looking forward to this class on Coetzee’s literature, as his literature, only from the little I know thus far, appears to transcend all races, boundaries and time.
**********
As I read through J.M. Coetzee's work, I will post video links that will permit tiny glimpses into the Apartheid South Africa.  Each link will correspond to the approximate time frame that each text was composed or published. The links will be found in the blog postings and will be archived in the "Videos: Oppression in South Africa." As I learn more about Coetzee, his work and his world, I will add web links, interviews, etcetera, and welcome any additional information you would like to share with the rest of the Coetzee scholars in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment